Why you need to stop making excuses and start leveraging video in your business
In business, I often watch fellow creatives perpetually hunting for the “missing link” or that one bit of magical information that will set them apart from the rest and launch them into the ethers of success. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that mystical transformational tip is a fallacy. It doesn’t exist.
What DOES exist though, is the chance to learn how to utilize tools and skills that others FAIL to implement into their businesses.
You’re probably saying to yourself, what is Lauren talking about this time?
I recently had the absolute pleasure and incredible opportunity to work with the dream team of videographers to create a one of a kind about video for my website. Did you know that using video is one of the fastest ways for clients to trust you? Trust = buying clients (if you needed me to connect the dots for you).
Not only are Zach and Kayla of Spin Rose Films down to earth, immediately put you at ease, and have two of the biggest hearts of anyone I know, they made this little country bumpkin look like she was destined to be amongst the Hollywood elite!
Video is great for SO MANY FREAKING reasons, but for the sake of time, I’ll list my top five favorites:
- It can help boost your confidence of being on the other end of the camera.
- Professional video immediately helps to establish your credibility and trust within your niche and potential clients.
- If you are a terrible writer, or don’t have the money to hire a copywriter at the moment, video is able to translate your brand’s message into a concise and visually pleasing way.
- It gives your viewers (and potential clients) an easy way to understand what it is you do or what the process looks like when working with you.
- Very few wedding creatives use professional video to reach their clients. Leverage that!
A Few Video Stats for My Fellow Nerds Out There
- Currently in 2018, including video on your homepage can increase conversions by 80%!
- 99% of businesses who are already using video say they’re going to continue issuring a video marketing strategy. Marketers rely on video as an eye catching, authentic, and powerful way to share messages.
- 76% of marketers say it has helped them increase their sales and increased their traffic to their website.
- 72% of people would rather use a video to learn about a business’ services.
Video marketing is growing SO much, it is becoming the leading strategy for business owners, and the beauty is you dono’t have to be salesy about it. You just be you and attract the right kinds of people. Also… consumers watch a crap ton of video—it’s literally EVERYWHERE on social media. So there are many avenues to get new faces to see you and your business!
Once your video has been shared in various ways on your website, social media, or promotions, it is LITERALLY doing your marketing work for you and drawing people to your business. Wait - marketing that is done FOR me? I don’t need to lift a finger besides clicking the post button? SIGN ME UP!
We are all well aware of the sheer number of wedding photographers, florists, planners, etc. out there in the wedding industry, but let me ask you a question. What makes YOU unique? Why should people work with YOU? Video is the perfect way to express emotions and tell your story effortlessly.
I’m Lauren, your wedding business visionary! I educate wedding pros on the behind the scenes of their businesses through practical knowledge and intuitive strategy. I incorporate my intuitive gifts with solid business strategy to maximize my clients' progress and success.